Thursday, February 3, 2011

So I lied.

I didn't REALLY finish it. I got to where I saw where things were going and skipped to the very end. Now I'm truly reading it. The hardest thing is hearing Sage going against herself. Lying. Not done yet.

...

Still only almost there. It's not the way I want things. Where's the happy ending? Where's my happy ending? I like to hear Sage can't bring herself to do it but...

...

Every word has past through me. Pierced me. This is my book. This is Amber's book. This is Bri's book. This is Charolette's book. This is Claire's book. It's also Aaron's book. And Jacob's book. And Sean's book. I feel my life defined before my eyes. And I wonder about my future. I wonder about my sisters' futures, and the one's who've yet to be themselves. Hiding. Under mercy. Under sorry and grief and fear. Fear of the outside world, as well as the inside world. Holding on to every moment as if one second, you can be found and killed. And for my sisters' who have so much. Have the looks, and the acceptance, and the backing. (And the money). And only we'll ever know, together, and in tune, that no matter how far you go, how many pills devoured, and how many surgeries you get, no matter how perfect you seem, you truly will only be almost perfect. Barely perfect. Nearly perfect. Far from perfect. Never perfect. And people can say "Nobody's perfect", but step in our shoes, and see how you feel.

At least you can get to live in your own body.

No comments:

Post a Comment